Ten season stories summed up in a movie title.
1. True Grit (Lille) – That’s what it took to win the title.
2. Inglourious Basterds (Real Madrid) – It was never pretty, but you got the job done.
3. Up (QPR) – Welcome back!
4. Die Hard (Wolves, Wigan, & Blackburn) – Survival is your trademark.
5. A Fistful of Dollars (Man City) – With more to be spent this summer.
6. No Country for Old Men (Borussia Dortmund) – Bundesliga winners at the average age of 23.
7. The Untouchables (Porto) – Simply unbeatable.
8. The Nightmare Before Christmas (Liverpool) – Although Dalglish turned things around after the break.
9. Walk the Line (Aston Villa) – From flirting with Europe to flirting with relegation to flirting with the mid-table line.
10. Almost Famous (Tottenham) – You wowed us against Inter, but just couldn’t get the job done.
The Departed (West Ham) – Farewell and good luck, we hardly knew ye.